søndag den 31. august 2014

Week 5 - Gavotta (Choro) from Suite Populaire Bresilienne

Dette indlæg på dansk

At the beginning of the week, I thought of it, as the last week in the company of the Suite Populaire Bresilienne. When I reached the last page of the score of the movement of the week, I turned the page, just to get a glimpse of what lies ahead. It is a Chorinho - which is also a part of the suite, but one, that I had forgotten all about. That won't stop me from playing it too, though!

I Haven't read much, or thought many deep thoughts on Villa-Lobos and his music. I have been hanging on by the edge of my long and(to layman's eyes) oddly shaped fingernails in the attempt to learn the gavotta by the end of the week. I managed, by the extreme edge of the aforementioned horn-plates, but nothing more. But we did manage to thoroughly celebrate our son's 3rd birthday!

The Gavotte is a lovely acquaintance. I hope that shines through, even though my memory plays some tricks on me along the way.


Gavotta (Choro) from Suite Populaire Bresilienne *Work in progress* from Thomas Lyng Poulsen on Vimeo.


Direct link to video

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar