søndag den 8. februar 2015

Week 28 - baby steps on the continued journey

Dette indlæg på dansk

It was not my intention, to skip the blogging last week - I even had something to write about. Better late than never, i suppose. Last Sunday, I had the privelege to play my first concert since finishing my first run-through of the solo pieces. Of course, it had to be Villa-Lobos. It was with great pleasure, that I found myself experiencing an ability to feel the piece as a whole throughout. I felt I knew the composers vision of the instrument, leading to a deep feeling of calmness and feel for the music, to an extent I don't recall experiencing before. It gave me a feeling of complete freedom of expression! With that feeling, I celebrated the 25th anniversary of the Music School, where I spent so many hours during my childhood and adolescense.

During my reserch for this project, I have come across references to a few movements, recently discovered, and edited by Fredéric Zigante. i have now ordered the score for these, and am looking forward to playing them, and getting a tiny bit closer still, to the man and the music, that I have dedicated quite a few hours to recently. Other than this, I have allocated some more ressources to my teaching and my students than recently - and I have tried to move closer towards the day, when we feel, that we are finally established fully in ur house.

Speaking of complete freedom of expression...

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar