onsdag den 1. juli 2015

Boy in the Bubble

Dette indlæg på dansk

It's been a week and a half since my last post, and I have recorded the last movement of the suite, plus the 5 preludes.

I mean... I recorded them, I edited gently, I listened, listened and listened again, and then i did some more editing - not always quite as gentle... I want to start it all over one day, and the next; I am quite pleased with my work so far.

Last week, we had a carpenter and bricklayer here, doing work on the house, breaking up the rythm that I had found, since I had to record, when they weren't here with hammers, power tools and whatnot... That resulted in some late night sessions, something that posesses its very own kind of charm; sitting in the far end of the house, while my family is is soound asleep in their beds.

In front of me, I have studies to record, and that, I suppose, would give anyone some degree of performance anxiety... On one hand, i am looking forward to finding out, what I can do with them, when the little red light is on, on the other hand, i don't know if I have anything of relevance to the world, when it comes to those pesky studies... If nothing else, it is highly relevant to my own self to give it a shot. The studies form the part of this project, where I had to make the most decitions between different versions of the pieces, and in relearning them, this blog is a very nice tool to have - a kind of diary, where I have jotted down the reasons or lack thereof, for the decitions that I have made.

Tonight, I am taking my electrically amplified guitar to the practise room - a break from all of this serious classical guitar business, where my alter ego gets his night out! Tomorrow its back into the recording booth to see how many studies I can get down on disk before going on vacation, away from the constant whispers of the microphones, calling me back to them every time I do something slightly less constructive with my time

My head feels like a bubble full of Villa Lobos and his music, that only lets the outside world in reluctantly. Inside this bubble I walk around - sometimes trying hard to make myself present in what goes on outside it, whie surrendering to the bubble when I am alone. I am reminded of the Paul Simon song, "Boy in the Bubble", although the only thing my condition has in common with it, is the title...

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar