lørdag den 24. januar 2015

Week 26 - En route to marketing

Dette indlæg på dansk

I have always found it relatively easy to motivate myself, when it came to practising the guitar. I have always enjoyed telling peole, who ask about my work. I also find it easy (within reason - some degree of nerves is beneficial, and can be channelled into prescence), to go onto a stage andperfomr. I thank that music making is the best thing ever, after all!

On the other hand, I fin d it difficult to maket myself. To reach out to people - friends, aquaintances and strangers - that didn't ask for it, and start telling them all the things I would gladly tell, if they had asked. But that is what it takes, at this point of this Villa-lobos-thing-a-magic, if it is to become more than just me, collecting lint from my pockets. Lint-collecting is a part of what it is, to be a musician, although it is NOT the main reason I do what I do. However, I am wirting draft after draft, these days, tryin got come up with the perfect written pitch for my concept. I am brinstorming ideas for press photos and graphics in general. And I am jotting down every single thought that occurs, regarding places and people, that might want to book my concert.

I have decided to perform at least one action every day, for the next undefined period, that helps get my Villa-lobos concert out of the study. I have chosen the title "Letters to posterity - Villa-Lobos for solo guitar" for my concert, inspired by the often quoted Villa-Lobos statement: " I consider my works letters to posterity, not expecting an answer.

This weeks video is the earlier mentioned/ teased with blooper-reel

Blooper Reel from Thomas Lyng Poulsen on Vimeo.


Direct link to video,

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar