søndag den 4. januar 2015

week 23 - Preludes 3 and 4

Dette indlæg på dansk

A week and change after the catastrophic nail incident, it is videotime again. A small technical difficulty almost postponed the next videos in this series even further - the power supply for the video camera is hiding somewhere is a box of miscellaneous stuff... Some more or less creative piling of furnitre and smart phone camera saved todays vdeo shoot. The first video below is prelude no 3. - I wrote aboit that one last week. After that comes number 4 - almost too simple in form. Tempting to play with a touch of nonchalance, which leads to absolutely unnescesary mistakes

Last week, I wrote, that I am no stranger to compensating for less-than-ideal-nail-length; but that also requires extra focus, so I felt quite a bit under pressure, when shooting these videos. If it is audible and/ or visible, I will leave to wiever discretion. What I find more interesting is, how much of it's richness in tone is still there, in my Hans-Henrik Hansen guitar, even though my primary tone production tool is on the fritz. worth to remember, should I ever be so unlucky again - although I find it very unpeasant to play with such short nails, as in this weeks videos.

Next week marks the end of this initial playthrough of the solo guitar pieces, and then it's time to work on the really small details - and the very loong lines... How I make that piece of work interesting to those following my efforts on this blog, I have yet to decide, and luckily a bit of thinking time remaining.

prelude no 3 from Thomas Lyng Poulsen on Vimeo.


prelude no 4 from Thomas Lyng Poulsen on Vimeo.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar