lørdag den 2. august 2014

And so I embark on my jouney into the solo guitar works of Villa Lobos

Dette indlæg på dansk

The family vacation has reached its end. The week that is almost over, has been spent at home, preparing for the Music School season, that's approaching fast, and working on some demo material for one of the cover bands, that I play in, on electric guitar.

More importantly, however, for this blog, it has been the first week, of my Villa Lobos adventure. I have spent the week in the company of the beautiful, hip-swaying Chôro no. 1. I have watched Chôro documentaries on youtube, and listened to the music of Jacob do Bandolim and Pixinguinha, trying to get a better feel for the music that runs so very deep in the guitar music of Villa-Lobos. These two are, as I understand it, the giants of the Chôro, so it seemed a good place to start.

I have read some biographical material on Villa Lobos, and some analytical texts on the guitar pieces, but most importantly, I have practised on my newly fretted 1991 Ignacio Rozas 1a especial.

And to round off this first post, a video of Choro no 1. I still consider it a work in progress, but this is where I am at right now; lots of details still to work on...

Choro no 1 *Work In Progress* from Thomas Lyng Poulsen on Vimeo.


direct link for Choro no. 1

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar